The lightest expandable hitch rack available.
The SplitRail is available in both 2" and 1.25" receivers. Both racks are 2 bike, while the 2" can be expanded to either 3 or 4 bikes with optional add-ons. They are rated at 60lbs per bike, with add-ons, 40lbs per bike.
We use a combination of chromoly and aluminum to maintain a weight of 45lbs. The rack easily folds up, flat against the car, folds 90 degrees to hold the bikes, and folds another 30 degrees to allow hatch access with the bikes loaded. Ratcheting swing arms swing up to secure your bike to the rack.
Included are an anti-wobble system to keep the rack secure in the hitch, plus locks to lock the rack to the car and bikes to the rack.
Fits 20" wheels up to 29" wheels, 3.0" wide. If you need to carry a fat bike, see the MonoRail or BackStage. Not for use with bikes with front fenders. Max wheelbase 48".
- Awesome 2" receiver 2-bike receiver hitch rack, expandable for 1-2 more bikes
- Lightweight chromoly and aluminum construction
- 44lb assembled weight makes it the lightest expandable hitch rack available (2" only)
- Fits bikes with 20-29" wheels, "Plus" size tires to 3", 48" max wheelbase
- 4" of side-to-side tray (each) adjustment for best bike alignment and easy use
- No tools installation onto vehicle- simply install hitch pin, lock; tighten cam system
- Proprietary anti-wobble mechanism eliminates virtually all rack movement
- Integrated cable locks secure bikes to rack, locking hitch pin secures rack to car
- Remove front fenders, racks, and panniers before use
- Max weight per bike with 2 bike set-up: 60lb (120lb total)
- When bike carriers and bike are added, max weight per bike is 40lbs each
- Includes wall mount storage hook
- RockyMounts offers a Lifetime Warranty on all of our products
- Want to match keys to your existing RockyMounts products? Simply add your key number (ex. E144) in the "comments" field at checkout
Fits 20" kids bikes, road bikes, hybrids, 27.5", 29er, 29+, no tires over 3.1" , sorry no fat bikes.
5 stars from MTBR.com http://reviews.mtbr.com/rockymounts-splitrail-hitch-rack-review